TNEA 2017 Eligibility Criteria for students to apply for engineering admission at Anna University Counselling 2017. Eligibility criteria is based on nativity and educational basis. The basic criteria is minimum 12th or HSC pass is required to apply for TNEA 2017.
TNEA 2017 Eligibility Criteria
As a TNEA 2017 Eligibility Criteria they should pass the qualifying examination before applying the TNEA counselling.
“Candidates satisfying the eligibility conditions given below as on the last date of submission of application are eligible to apply. Passing the qualifying examination after the last date of submission of application shall not be considered.”
TNEA 2017 Eligibility Criteria by Nativity
- Tamil Nadu candidates who have passed VIII, IX, X, XI and XII Std. in Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply. They need not enclose Nativity Certificate.
- Tamil Nadu native candidates who have passed any of the VIII, IX, X, XI and XII Std. or their equivalent examination from schools situated outside Tamil Nadu can also apply. They should enclose a copy of Nativity Certificate only in electronic form/digitally signed e-Certificate.
- Children of employees in Public Sector or Government recognised Institutions, All India Services, Central Government Employees.
TNEA 2017 Eligibility for Other States
Other State candidates who have studied VIII, IX, X, XI and XII Std. in Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply. They need not enclose “Nativity Certificate”.
All the students other Tami Nadu students will not be avail communal reservation. Tamil Nadu native candidates alone will be considered for communal reservation. Others will be considered under “Open Competition”.
Eligibility for Sri lankan Refugee
As per G.O. (St) No. 172 Higher Education (J2) Dept. dated: 29.06.2010 candidates who are Srilankan Tamil Refugee studied in Tamil Nadu will be considered under open competition.
They have to enclose the following:
(i) Identification certificate from the Head Quarters Tahsildar.
(ii) Those who have not registered in the refugee camp should submit a copy of passport, visa and letter registered with Police Station.
TNEA 2017 Eligibility 12th Marks
A pass in the HSC (Academic) or its equivalent with a minimum average percentage in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together as given below.
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslim||45%|
|MBC & DNC||40%|
For vocational courses, A pass in any one of the HSC (Vocational Subject) as given below with any one of the Engineering related subjects namely Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry with a minimum average percentage as above.
Other Important Eligibility for TNEA 2017
- Marks obtained in improvement exams will not be considered.
- Height & Weight is required for Mining and Marine.
The above is based on last year’s notification if there is an update we will it based on recent notification, we hope this almost same for this year too.